Fundación Diagrama Intervención Psicosocial is a non-profit organisation that has been assisting people in vulnerable situations and at risk of social exclusion since 1991, always ensuring the defence and promotion of Human Rights. Diagrama’s main objective is to promote and develop centres, services, programmes and research aimed at prevention, treatment and integration of people in difficult life situations and at risk of social exclusion, especially children, young people, families, women and dependants.
In order to achieve this objective, Fundación Diagrama employs over 5,000 professionals in Spain, who, along with volunteers and collaborators, form a team of close to 5,400 people who make providing this service to society possible.
Fundación Diagrama’s vision is to be a reference point for quality, commitment, good practice and efficiency in the comprehensive care of vulnerable people and those at risk of social exclusion, working daily towards their full social integration. To achieve this, Fundación Diagrama has developed a comprehensive and specialised intervention model, based on the wellbeing of people and of society as a whole, as well as the continuous improvement of its own processes and resources.
In recognition of its work and trajectory, Fundación Diagrama has Special Consultative Status with the United Nations Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC), and is a member of the Conference of NGOs (CoNGO), an organisation with General Consultative Status with the ECOSOC. The following are among the main objectives of Fundación Diagrama:
- To promote the development and management of socio-educational and educational centres, services and programmes aimed at vulnerable or socially excluded people.
- To promote the development and management of centres, services and programmes aimed at preventing situations of social difficulty, as well as assisting and reintegrating vulnerable or socially excluded people.
- To promote the development and management of health and healthcare centres, services and programmes aimed at providing comprehensive healthcare, especially directed at the elderly and those in need of assistance due to illness or physical/psychological disability.
- To encourage the creation and management of centres, services and programmes aimed at social and occupational integration and training, specifically focusing on vulnerable or socially excluded people.
- To promote the development and management of centres, services and programmes aimed at detoxification, rehabilitation, and reintegration of people with addiction issues, as well as preventative activities in this domain.
- To support and manage development cooperation projects.
- To carry out research and studies and to produce publications in order to further the understanding of society and its transformation.
- To support equality of opportunity between men and women.
- To raise public awareness about current psychosocial and health issues.
- To support and guide voluntary activities, self-help groups, foster families and other social cooperation measures.
- To encourage environmental care and protection.
As a non-profit organisation, Fundación Diagrama is subject to certain regulations, in particular Law 50/20002 of the 26th of December, regarding Foundations and their Regulation; as well as Law 49/2002 of the 23rd of December, pertaining to the Fiscal Regulations of Non-Profit Organisations and the Fiscal Incentives of Patronage and its Regulations.